Abstract Submission Deadline: 1st March, 2022
Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts: 10th March, 2022
E-poster Upload Deadline: 11th April, 2022
E-poster Platform Goes Online: 14th April, 2022
All those interested in presenting abstracts at the 18th EADO Congress are invited to submit their work to the Program Committee for review. Selected abstracts will be chosen for an oral presentation during the free communications sessions or as e-posters for virtual consultation. The acceptance of an abstract does not include the congress registration. Authors must be registered for the Congress before 11th April, 2022 in order to present their work.
Please read the following submission rules carefully before submitting an abstract:
- Abstracts must be submitted via this website only. Abstracts submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- A “blind” selection process will be used. No identifying features such as names of hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or text of the abstract. Do not include the names of authors either. Their names and affiliations (institutions) will be registered separately when submitting the abstract online.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Abbreviations must not be used in the title. The title should not be written entirely in capital letters (e.g. NOT LIKE THIS).
- Please indicate the topicfrom the abstract topics list and your preferred type of presentation (oral or e-poster) during online submission. The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors‘ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation. Encore abstracts will be accepted unless they have been published in scientific journals.
- Please structure the abstract as follows:
- Introduction & Objectives: Describe the background and the purpose of the study
- Materials & Methods: Describe the material and methods used to design the study
- Results: Describe your results in a logical sequence
- Conclusions: Emphasise new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them
- The text should not exceed 500 words (excluding title, authors bibliograpy and key words). The submission program will automatically calculate the size of your abstract and will not allow submissions that do not fit in the size requirements.
- It is acceptable to include up to 2 tables, graphics, or images (jpg, jpeg, png, gif format. Maximum size 2MB in total) as part of the abstract, however they must be of good quality.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear Englishwith accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. Abstracts will not be edited by the Congress Secretariat prior to publication, therefore please check the grammar and spelling carefully.
- Use generic names. The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks are strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation.
- No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included in the abstract.
- Please structure the abstract as follows:
Patient Privacy /Clinical Photography
Photographs should at all times protect the privacy and identity of the subject. Eyes should be blacked out. The source of the photographs must also be declared if not the property of the presenter. This is to prevent the use of photographic material without permission.
Selected abstracts will be chosen from both the Oral Communications and the E-posters for an oral presentation during the free communications sessions. The authors of Oral Communications are also encouraged to prepare an e-poster of their abstract so that they can enter for the E-poster Awards.
Abstracts selected for poster will be presented as e-Posters and will be viewed during the congress either via the onsite e-poster screens or via the Congress Virtual platform. Further information is available here.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the digital Book of Abstracts which will be available for download on the congress website until 23rd July 2022.
Please note that the acceptance of an abstract does not include the congress registration. The presenting author must be a registered participant, otherwise the abstract will not be reviewed and waived from the programme. Authors must be registered for the Congress before 11th April, 2022 in order for their abstract to be presented.
For any queries please contact: email@example.com